Thursday, October 26, 2017

The Secret Wisdom of the EarthThe Secret Wisdom of the Earth by Christopher Scotton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“Secret Wisdom” is about a boy, his friend, and his grandfather in the Appalachian wilderness, told with exquisite detail and stunning suspense. I was up way too late in the night reading – so much so that I’m kind of relieved to be finished so that I can get some sleep! I did not expect the book to be so exciting! The book takes on some very serious social, psychological, and economic issues, and leaves me feeling a bit conflicted, but in a good way. It does not sugar coat reality, but shows us beauty in life with all its flaws, and the good that keeps us going despite it all. I loved the characters, especially Buzzy and White Stag. I have never been to Appalachia, except to ride through it, but I feel like I have experienced it now. I think that’s a sign of a 5 star novel – to make you feel like you have been on a journey.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment